FAP from SOA

Discussion in 'CP1' started by MP3, Jul 24, 2020.

1. MP3

MP3 Member

Hi Guys, would someone be able to help me on FAP from SOA. how does it work? how much efforts it requires? how much time it takes to complete? what is the probability to clear it in one go?

2. AlexLky

AlexLky Member

I am going to take the FAP as well. I have heard quite varied times to complete - one person told me it took around 6 months (although they were doing it casually), and another said they were able to do the whole FAP course in a weekend essentially. I am not sure about how challenging the tests within it are, but I think structurally it sounds nicer than CP1.

3. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

6 months is a good estimate if you take it seriously and go through the modules in a timely fashion. Since there's no time limit, it's easy to put it off. They have changed the structure recently which may make it faster to go through I think. Very possible to get it on the first try.

4. MP3

MP3 Member

Thanks for helping me out. what is the structure of exams? is it objective or subjective paper?

5. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

They are not really exams. More like exercises that test you on what you learnt in the previous module. I would say objective, there are mostly right/wrong answers based on what I remember. Actuarialoutpost is the US version of this forum and has a great amount of info you can use.

6. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi @MP3,
    I think I'm gonna have a go at this too. Hit me up we can discuss about this?

7. kze

kze Keen member

Hi, I thought exemptions for SOA was only applicable for those who passed the exam before Dec 2018/2019. Has the eligibility been updated recently and when?

8. almost_there

almost_there Member

Is this some alternative or shortcut compared to doing CP1?

9. Dar_Shan0209

Hi @kze,
    Yes, you have until December 2021 to pass FAP and claim for CP1 exemption. You can check this on the IFoA's website.

10. MP3

MP3 Member

sure, let me connect easiest way to connect with you? I am available on WhatsApp or email?

11. MP3

MP3 Member

Thanks! I tried looking at Actuarialoutpost forum but couldn't find anything but i will look into it again.

12. Dar_Shan0209

Just pm you!

13. AlexLky

AlexLky Member

I would say alternative rather than shortcut.

14. almost_there

almost_there Member

How do the pass rates or average number of attempts or average time to achieve it compare?