1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

April 2020 Results

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Camdown, Feb 7, 2020.

1. almost_there

almost_there Member

Actuaries are paying for these 'services'.

2. Every time I click log in, it takes me to the 504 Gateway Time-out page of the 502 Bad Gateway page.

sammus likes this.
  3. sammus

sammus Member

I can't even log in anymore - I will be less annoyed if I fail than I am at this stupid website. I don't understand how it can't handle the traffic, only people who are getting their results should be on the website. Why is it worse than previous sittings?

dimitris13 likes this.
  4. BrianCunningham

BrianCunningham Active Member

When they moved the static lists to the aws (Amazon Web Service) hosted pages, it worked fine for those brief few (was it 4?) exam diet results. They've taken a giant step backwards (in both technology terms and IMHO transparancy) in not publishing the lists in this fashion.
    GDPR concerns can be addressed by asking for permission to publish the results when applying to sit exams.
    By making you have to log in to get your letter, you're putting a load on the (inadequate for the task) regular IFoA web server.

5. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

You'll just have to keep refreshing the page. It wil automatically open

6. rack-a-dack

rack-a-dack Member

It's probably worse than previous sittings because before we were all sitting refreshing a webpage. Now we are all trying to submit login requests, navigate through the website and then download a PDF -> even more traffic it can't handle. And I highly doubt they've bothered to invest in their server infrastructure...:rolleyes:

no_name likes this.
  7. no_name

no_name Member

I got through - failed mybmy exam but keep persevering and you'll get in eventually!

8. sammus

sammus Member

Every time I click on 'My Exams' it asks me to install something. This website is driving me insane right now and I'm so annoyed!

9. Binati

Binati Member

Any idea when the examiners script will be posted???

10. no_name

no_name Member

Try: https://www.actuaries.org.uk/member/[enter institute number here]/exams/result-letters

11. I got through too. I clicked 'open link in new tab' to make sure I don't need to start again when I get the bad gate way. I wish they would just send the letter to our emails.

no_name and shdh like this.
  12. BrianCunningham

BrianCunningham Active Member

13. pio314

pio314 Member

The main page tends to work now, but they disabled the option to log in. Brilliant

14. sammus

sammus Member

Thanks, I finally got there in the end! I must have been the last one to get online so it finally loaded...

15. barabash

barabash Member

You are certainly not the last one, I am still trying.. :mad:

16. still trying over here. anyone getting the log in page to load but not able to write in?

17. studier

studier Member

In the same position

How is it this bad? (it's a rhetorical question, it's exactly what I was expecting)

It's my last exam as well. At least I haven't been screwed over by "plagurism"

18. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

19. studier

studier Member

starting to feel almost_there levels of anger an the institute

sammus and phos2 like this.
  20. barabash

barabash Member

Doesn't work for me! Says I need to be logged in..:(

21. Polz87

Polz87 Keen member

I've been refreshing since 17:55 here and still no luck :(