Advice on the Approach to SP1

Discussion in 'SP1' started by Jessi Faith, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Jessi Faith

Jessi Faith Member

Hi :)

Does anyone know where I can access an acronyms list for this subject? I would also like advice on how to approach preparing for this type of subject (compared to the CT's)

I eagerly await a response

x

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Jessi

The list of acronyms is available in the Revision Notes and the tutorials.

In many ways the approach to the SP subjects is the same as the CT subjects. You want to read through the course to make sure you understand the material and leave plenty of time for practising past exam questions. The difference is in the skills you will be practising. Subject SP1 doesn't have many numerical questions. Instead, most questions will be wordy questions, so it's important to practice writing out your answers efficiently using short concise bullet points - you can get feedback on your exam technique by getting the assignments and mocks marked.

Some questions will be bookwork and others will be harder applications of the bookwork. Either way you need a good knowledge of the Core Reading - flashcards and acronyms can help. The applications questions can be tricky to determine how to proceed - ASET can help here - and you will need to practice generating a wide spread of ideas for unusual situations.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your studies.

Mark

Jessi Faith likes this.