Sept 2020 Sitting

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by actuaryinmaking, May 12, 2020.

1. Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any inside information as to whether the Sept exam sitting will run as normal?

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Wait - are you saying that someone out there has created a coronavirus model that accurately describes the future? :D

Leigh Costanza likes this.
  3. DM261

DM261 Active Member

Speculation on my part...

But, everything we are seeing in the UK suggests that social distancing will continue to be part of our lives for the foreseeable future.

I wonder if the IFOA can design a system for us to do our exams in a socially distanced format, for example with spaced out desks and invigilators staying 2m away from candidates. It may be that it's more practical just to do them online.

I do hope they find a way to run the exams that didn't take place in April (CM and CS series) but appreciate the difficulties in doing so in an online format.

4. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

I think they need to announce quickly whether CM and CS would run in September if we go back into lockdown. It would be really unfair if students ended up in the position of two cancelled exams in a year when they could have switched exams earlier.

Michal Piatra likes this.
  5. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

In their FAQs, they said they'll make a decision by the end of May.

Personally, I really hope they don't move it to physical even if it is in a "socially distanced format". That's just going to force people to have to go out to take their exams whether they want to or not (those who'll say it's up to you, you can just skip it, usually it's not really up to "us", it's mostly doing what the employers want you to do).

I'd prefer they cancel the exams altogether than encouraging us to put ourselves at risk, until a time that it's safe to go back to taking the exams in examinations centres.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. DM261

DM261 Active Member

Online it is