1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

New online exam

Discussion in 'CB2' started by Anu Joshi, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Anu Joshi

Anu Joshi Active Member

Hello,
    As we already know that we are going to write the CB2 exam online , I was wondering how are we going to draw the graphs? If there are no graphs in the question paper , then we are definitely losing some easy marks. I just can't wait for the next announcement.

Michal Piatra likes this.
  2. Leigh Costanza

Leigh Costanza Keen member

In MS Paint :D

/joke

Anu Joshi likes this.
  3. Anu Joshi

Anu Joshi Active Member

Yeah
    Even I thought the same way.
    We will get the answers by 31st hopefully.
    Which country are you based in ?

4. Dalasdair

Dalasdair Made first post

Also interested. It'll mean a big shift in focus for revision so would be great to know.

5. Jassi singh

Jassi singh Member

I am giving this exam in this diet and they just mentioned which exams require word and/or excel and all exams were given just word apart from cp2 with both so it means no graph and curve based questions will come so more reasoning and test case based economics questions I guess.

6. rlsrachaellouisesmith

rlsrachaellouisesmith Ton up Member

Do any acted tutors have any guidance/suggestions on this? I did email the IFoA but have had no response to my question.

Thank you

7. bapan

bapan Ton up Member

Can I use Excel to help construct my answers?
    Updated 07 April 2020

It is important that you upload your examination scripts in Microsoft Word only - with the exception of CP2. However you may find it useful to use Microsoft Excel to aid with the construction of your answers. If you do this you must copy and paste any Excel content into your final submitted Word document.

Source: https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studying/exam-bookings/exam-dates-2020/exams-faqs

8. rlsrachaellouisesmith

rlsrachaellouisesmith Ton up Member

So, what if you have the ability to scan documents in, can you answer by drawing graphs on paper and scanning a copy into the word document?
    And what if you have a touch screen laptop so you can draw your graphs on screen and transfer to word?
    I know someone joked about paint, but it would be a viable option if you can write on screen.
    Will all methods for inserting a graph be accepted?
    Thank you

9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Will I have to study new material for the online examinations?
    Updated 03 April 2020

The new examinations are based on those which were prepared for delivery in our examination centres in April. If you have studied for these you will be fully prepared for the online versions. The Chief Examiners have adapted the papers so that answers can be uploaded using Word (or Excel in the case of CP2) and there will be no requirement to prepare other materials such as graphs.

https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studying/exam-bookings/exam-dates-2020/exams-faqs

Richie Holway likes this.
  10. Sakshi687

Sakshi687 Member

If you have given the april 2020 online attempt.. can you specify the details as in were there questions requiring graphs or anyhting else to be noted?