1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Textbook 10th edition

Discussion in 'CB2' started by Anu Joshi, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Anu Joshi

Anu Joshi Active Member

Hello.
    I have recently purchased economics by John sloman , Dean Garratt & Jon guest (10th Edition).
    The CMP will be available later.
    So I was wishing to start my studies from tomo.
    Could someone tell me the relevant pages mentioned in the CMP for CB2 exam 2020 ??
    The book is of approx 900 pages .
    I don't know where to start. I have a economic background. So I think I can start with the textbook now.

Thanks.
    Anu

2. Richie Holway

Richie Holway ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Anu,

The CMP guides you through the relevant sections of the textbook whilst providing some additional guidance and practice questions along the way, so it is worthwhile following the CMP through in order. I understand that you are keen to get reading before your CMP arrives, however, so I have listed some reading references from the first 5 modules of the CMP course notes below. Do let me know if you finish these before your textbook arrives and I'll provide you with some additional references for later modules.

Module 1: Chapter 1 of the textbook, sections 1 and 2.
    Module 2: Much of the core reading is 'additional core reading' provided directly in the CMP, so I would leave this module until you receive the CMP.
    Module 3: Chapter 2 of the textbook, sections 1, 2 and 3.
    Module 4: Chapter 2, sections 4 and 5. And Chapter 3, sections 1 and 2.
    Module 5: All of chapters 4 and 5, excluding boxes 4.4 and 4.5.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
    Richie

3. Anu Joshi

Anu Joshi Active Member

Hello.
    Thank you so much.
    It was really helpful.
    I have started studying from the textbook.
    Waiting for the CMP.
    Thank you.