Model Exam Solutions 2019

Discussion in 'CP2' started by JoeKing, Jul 28, 2019.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Hi,

I see the examiners' report refers to a model solution on the website. Where is this located? I can't locate and I don't seem to have the hang of solving so a model solution would be more beneficial than the marking scheme.

"
    Introduction
    The Examiners’ Report is written by the Principal Examiner with the aim of helping candidates, both those who are sitting the examination for the first time and using past papers as a revision aid and also those who have previously failed the subject.
    Possible models with an audit trail or summary are posted on the website. It should be noted that these include more detail than would ordinarily be possible within the time allowed for the examination.
    The specimen solutions are based on one possible approach to modelling the assignment set but the examiners gave credit for any alternative approach or interpretation which they considered to be reasonable.
    Mike Hammer
    Chair of the Board of Examiners
    July 2019"

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks. I thought it was just me that couldn't locate the files as they are referenced in the examiners report but don't appear on the site!

We are on holiday at the minute so I will call them when we are back home as I plan on starting work on CP2 when I'm back home.

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

cool, let me know what they say....I'm waiting for the solutions as well...

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Hi, I've called the IFOA eduction services. They've asked me to send the email in relation to the missing spreadsheet solutions. I'll post an update when I get a reply.

6. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks for doing that :).

7. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I've sent another email as it is not only the excel files missing but also the audit trail solution and report solution.

8. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

the solutions are available now

JoeKing and Admin like this.
  9. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

It doesn't look like they have either the audit trail or summary report up yet?

10. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I will shoot them another email.
    Cant believe we need to ask for solutions....1 month after the results have been published.

11. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Beggars belief at this stage! Can be sure October exam will have lower pass rate too and we missed the boat for the "easy" April sitting. Will drive me mad yet :cool:

12. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

How do you know about lower pass rate for October? Is this based on some kind of empirical data?

13. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Btw, I am actually quite optimistic about the October sitting. I'm assuming the papers will be error-free unlike in April.

JoeKing likes this.
  14. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Hopefully you are right :) We are still waiting for the exam paper solutions I see though ;)

15. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I got a response from the IFOA with the link to where the files are uploaded, but unfortunately the audit trail and summary report are still missing. I think they are just not checking or not understanding what is missing. I have sent another explanation that we require the audit rail and summary report model solutions.

JoeKing likes this.
  16. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Hi JoeKing, do you mind also sending IFOA a chaser about the "audit trail model solution" and "summary report model solution"? I got an email from them today saying that this has been already done. The zip files were last updated on the 5th August with only excel files solutions. Clearly, they are missing the point of what is missing and just not really checking what was posted this time in comparison to last exam sessions. I've sent yet another email trying to explain.

JoeKing likes this.
  17. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks Viki2010, they've finally sorted out that on the website and you can see the audit trail and summary report posted now :)

18. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thanks a lot! That's great news!!!
    We finally got it!

JoeKing likes this.