Help with Ms Excel/Statistics Analysis- Students Alcohol vs Missing Classes

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by JoeKing, Jul 7, 2019.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Hi All,

I have an excel file for students weekly alcohol units ranging from 0 to 50 units per week and my other variable is ordinal with the number of classes missed ( O never, 1 often and 2 A lot). What kind of simple analysis can I do in Ms excel? Is there some graph or statistical analysis that would make sense to show? I'm probably missing something very obvious. I know you could conduct a logistic regression but you can't do this in excel and I can only use excel to show either numerically or graphically some kind of relationship.

Thanks a lot in advance if anyone can help me. The simpler the better and I can't use any alternative software.

Much appreciated :)

2. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

5 stat analysis for each tranche of no. of classes missed.
    You can find min, mean, median, skewness, kurtosis, max and percentiles of your choice using Excel. Then you could do hypothesis testing on these numerical summaries.

3. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks for the reply Calm :) I'll get the mean of each class as you suggest. How do I set up the Hypothesis that they are not equal in Excel? I guess it's some kind of Anova test? Can you do this in excel? Thanks again in advance :)