1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

PBOR from Acted

Discussion in 'CS2' started by bot7337, Apr 23, 2019.

1. bot7337

bot7337 Member

For those who sat for the CS2B in this session, were the PBOR materials helpful ? Was it reflective of the paper B content and format ?
    I have access to the following books from my uni library. Should I use them or buy the PBOR material ?
    Introductory Time Series with R, Cowpertwait
    Introduction to Stochastic Processes with R , Dobrow
    Applied Survival Analysis Using R , Moore

2. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

Ok, the only R material I have used are NTU's Actuarial Computing notes (~25 pages for R) and ActEd's CS2 PBOR.
    I found the Actuarial Computing notes to be useful in general, but for the purposes of this exam I had to use the PBOR, which I found very useful since there are comprehensive tutorials with fully written R code which I could directly apply within much of the CS2B exam. It was definitely reflective of the paper B content and format for the most part. However, if you also need to sit CM2B, I find those PBOR wasn't nearly as useful...

N_Exam likes this.
  3. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

@Calm
    Thanks for your post.

• Any tips for becoming quicker and better skilled with R? As im new to R, I find that im quite slow at times.

• What the best use of my time as far as paper B prep goes? which chapters or areas to concentrate on.
    Thank you.

4. David Hopkins

David Hopkins Member

You could attend one of the Paper B Preparation Day webinars where we go through all the key features of R and try lots of questions!