April 2019 exam sitting for CP2

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Viki2010, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

How did everyone do?

I have to say that both papers seemed harder than for September 2018 sitting.

2. Lewin

Lewin Member

Paper 1 was okay,apart from the T test stuff as I did ct3 long time ago.

Paper 2 was a nightmare.

Viki2010 likes this.
  3. Paper 2 - I struggled yesterday to figure out the last scenario. After the exam, I figured out that the last graph was wrong and that particular data had an extra element when I modeled it which I had to remove, but did not. I ran out of time and my results section was just 40% of what it should have been.

Paper 1 - No time for the last scenario (for the test). As for the charts, I could not justify or check if those really seemed reasonable.

I am not sure If I can think of a pass, given I have messed up so much!

Calm, Viki2010 and Lewin like this.
  4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I have similar feeling and feedback. The time pressure did not allow me to carry out all calculations in paper 1 properly, in particular the t test for 5 marks and the other 2 marks following that. I was disappointed after the exam. Paper 2 proved to be a worse experience with a lot of material to get through in order to properly understand the model and what is being asked. I don't think I've spent enough time digesting the info before diving into the model and the summary report. If I've spent more time on the analysis of the info upfront and did understand it a lot better, I would have done my summary report better but would run out of time to type it. Catch 22 situation?

Calm, Lewin and buddingactuary like this.
  5. Lewin

Lewin Member

So......how did people fare on this one?

6. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

resit for me

7. Lewin

Lewin Member

Sorry to hear that,I also have to resit CP3.
    I think the trick for cp2 is to ensure you complete the paper.if you get stuck on a particular part,you move on

8. Got through just by the mark