Online VLE Environment

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Benoy Soman, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Benoy Soman

Benoy Soman Member

Hi guys,

I've just logged on again to the VLE environment, it's still only showing me the Test download and upload area.
    I'm assuming that the actual exam download area will only be visible tomorrow morning?
    Is this the same case for you guys?

Fingers crossed for no issues tomorrow!

2. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

yes, it was the same for me today. hope no issues occur on the IT side of things....

3. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

Reasonableness Check:
    It is reasonable to assume that such is the case based on the fact that the test download area is only for testing the portal and not for the actual exam!

>>>practising for the paper tomorrow!!<<<< haha

Lewin and Benoy Soman like this.
  4. Benoy Soman

Benoy Soman Member

Hmm still the same case for me as yesterday.
    Really hoping there's no issues!

pyuille_1609 likes this.
  5. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

me too...

6. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

there's a secion below the Test upload area saying "Exam Paper 1" - I believe these will become active when the paper is "released" on the portal (yup, cue dramatic music)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
    Lewin likes this.
  7. pyuille_1609

pyuille_1609 Member

Anybody got issues with the Paper 2 portal??? It closed before the alotted time (like I checked right after the 7:15pm - 12:15pm UK time - had reached)... isn't there supposed to be a 10 minute period added to the exam end time for the sole purpose of submitting papers? why is this an issue AGAIN? Even after refreshing (and even clearing cookies and browsing history) it was all gone.... :(
    what happens next? I emailed the ExamSupport team right away but no reply yet and that was ages ago....

teehoong likes this.
  8. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

That's why I behave as if the 10 minute period doesn't exist, which adds even more to the time pressure. Bonus points if the file took more than a couple seconds to be ready. I guess if you weren't done, but could finish all your remaining changes within a few minutes after that, then you submit that through the Exam Support email with the risk aversion and non-satiation reason. Worst is that if the timestamp was after the allotted time, they take the portal's submission instead as that version would be considered "valid".

9. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

No issues, I uploaded. You can always email them. They respond there is a large volume of emails.

10. Interestec

Interestec Keen member

I emailed my submissions to the exam support team as per their guidelines, heard of a good few people that had the same issues! hopefully they'll let us know soon if they actually received them or not!

11. Lewin

Lewin Member

Yup, it disappeared immediately after 2hrs 15 minutes.
    Not sure why they keep frustrating students.

Infinity likes this.
  12. Jozef Minar

Jozef Minar Member

I had the same issue with the upload of paper 2. I thought that there are 10 minutes after the end of the exam for submitting - at least they claimed in the Exam Instructions pdf file, that "Ten minutes have been scheduled immediately following the end of the exam to allow you to upload your documents. The submission area will close at 12:25". I tried to upload files at 12:16 UK time, but the upload area was already closed. I emailed the solution to Examsupport@actuaries.org.uk afterwards, but they did not respond (so far) :(.

13. Infinity

Infinity Member

This is why I have had enough of the IFoA

Calm likes this.