1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Marking system

Discussion in 'CS2' started by Jheel, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Jheel

Jheel Member

Is anyone aware of the marking system follow by the IFoA if the question number is correct but the subquestion number is wrong?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Jheel,
    If you are referring to the numbering you have used in your answers then I wouldn't worry. As long as it's obvious what you are trying to answer, I expect they will either not even notice or spot the mistake (and ignore it).

3. patron

patron Member

I know that in some of the wordy exams, eg CP1, you can receive credit for points made written in the "wrong" subquestion.

If you have simply mislabelled the questions, but it's obvious which question part you are referring to, I don't see why you wouldn't get the marks.

4. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

How about if I didn't do the part questions in order, and forgot to put each question on separate pages? For some reason I only noticed that instruction around 11am UK time, and additionally did a part of question 2 after finishing question 3 (within the time limit; still used to old paper-based syllabus)...

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You can do the questions in any order.
    And similar to above, unless they can't work out what you were trying to answer where, we doubt it will make any difference.
    (We obviously recommend to all that they follow the guidelines in future - but we doubt you are the only one who's done something like this.)
    Hope it all went reasonably well.