CMP Upgrade for CB1

Discussion in 'CB1' started by actuaryinmaking, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I ordered the CT2 materials last year but never sat the exam at the end. I was wondering if I need to re-order the new CB1 materials or will a CMP upgrade be available for CB1?

2. Lynn Birchall

Lynn Birchall ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hello

No, there won't be a CMP upgrade for CB1 as there are fairly significant changes compared to the CT2 materials.

If an overview of the main changes would be helpful then:
    CT2 Ch1 (Principles of finance) has become CB1 Ch1 (Principles of finance and corporate governance). As the new name suggests, there's a new section on corporate governance(!) & there have also been some changes to the finance sections.
    The material in CT2 Ch14 (Financial institutions) and the CT2 glossary is not in CB1.
    CB1 has new chapters on alternative sources of finance (eg crowdfunding) and on forecasts/budgets, managing working capital and company growth. There's also some new material on capital project appraisal.

Hope this helps in 'translating' between the two. Best of luck with the CB1 studies
    Lynn

3. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi Lynn,

Since there are only some chapters that have been added and that the main contents like 17 chapters are similar in core reading. Do you recommend taking the CT2 Mytest Online revision for revision purposes?

Regards,
    Darshan

4. Lynn Birchall

Lynn Birchall ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

Yes, there's enough content that's the same that some CT2 resources might still be usable. It is worth noting though that as well as the missing new chapters, there are some changes to the 'similar' ones, eg intro to finance, alternative reporting, capital project appraisal. Worth noting too that MyTest was on a 'per exam session' basis.

Best wishes
    Lynn

5. HARIHARAN.S

HARIHARAN.S Member

Hi
    The revision notes and ASET provided by ACted are only hard copies? There is a separate dispatch cost for them i am from INDIA so whats the better way to get the Aset revision notes and flash cards.