Marks for drafting?

Discussion in 'CA2' started by indexo, Aug 21, 2018.

1. indexo

indexo Member

Hi,

There are 10 marks offered to "Drafting" in paper 2. Just wondering what this entails?

Thanks.

2. jimplenty

jimplenty Member

Hi,

Based on what I gathered, the 10 marks are more "subjective" and depend on "feeling"
    • Clear / concise drafting of the objective, and data summary/description
    • Clear / concise drafting of the assumptions
    • Clear / concise drafting of the results and conclusions
    • The summary report is written in clear, crisp and flowing English.
    • Accurate spelling
    • The summary is well laid out, in a reasonable order, with good formatting to aid clarity
    Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2018
  3. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Hi can someone please explain to me what can be penalized under the heading " clear, crisp and flowing English. ". I lost some marks but have no clue what I've done wrong.

4. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Here, I would reduce the marks if there were any sections of the report that were not easy to understand, poorly explained or confusing. Other things would sentences that were incomplete, writing in too brief a style or sections not flowing (so jumping around when discussing results for example).

It's worth noting that in the 2019 Guide to CP2 this particular comment has been deleted. This does not mean you wouldn't still lose marks if your summary was confusing or hard to follow though!

Thanks
    Sarah

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Hi Sarah, thank you for your feedback. What exactly do you mean by: "2019 Guide to CP2 this particular comment has been deleted"? Are you referring to a new marking scheme for 2019 paper?

6. almost_there

almost_there Member

That's interesting that IFoA are testing people on their English.

7. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The Guide to CP2 has been updated for 2019. This particular comment has been removed from the list what students are awarded marks for under the 'drafting' heading. I wouldn't read too much in to it - the examiners are not looking for you to do anything different for CP2 vs CA2, as I said they have just adjusted the wording slightly.

8. almost_there

almost_there Member

Was this stated in the CA2 guide?

9. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

10. Pede

Pede Member

11. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

Thank you.