The pdf of T_x

Discussion in 'CS2' started by Jia Syuen, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Jia Syuen

Jia Syuen Active Member

Do we need to memorise the proof for the pdf of $T_x$ which is in the chapter of survival model? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. how do i get the notes for the CS1 exam?

3. Jia Syuen

Jia Syuen Active Member

You could buy them at ActEd website.

4. I have just seen how to do that. I would like some advice too. I want to do 2 papers in April as a non-member and I would like to ask you to point me in the right direction. Do I take CS 1 &2 or CM 1&2??

5. Gresham Arnold

Gresham Arnold ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Veronicah

I don't think the IFoA will let you sit two subjects in April as a non-member. The answer to General FAQ 8 on the IFoA's website (here) suggests that non-members can sit either CS1 or CM1. Probably worth double-checking with the IFoA though.

Best wishes

Gresham

6. the notes that are provided here and those provided by the IFOA, which are better? do they differ in any way? I want to purchase and I'm confused on which forum to purchase them through.

7. Pede

Pede Member

8. aaisha

aaisha Member

Is cs2 revision notes available ? ...also If I place an oder when will I get them ?

9. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You can order them now but they are not due to be despatched until January.

10. aaisha

aaisha Member

thanks !

11. David Hopkins

David Hopkins Member

Hi
    The proof on page 8 of Chapter 6 is included in the Core Reading. So it's possible that they could ask you for this proof in the exam. However, it's far more likely that they will ask you a question where you have to apply one of the formulae they've derived, eg the formulae for the expectation of life on page 17 or the formula for the survival probability tpx on page 20.