CT9 Exam issue

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Dar_Shan0209, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,
    I have booked for CT9 exam on 15 August and paid via my paypal account for same. I got a confirmation email from the IFOA on the same day (payment confirmation email) and also got an invoice from paypal. The next day from my online account, I saw in the exam booking part that the exam was present. However, after 2 - 3 working days, I have not received any final entry acknowledgement email from the IFOA that I have been enrolled for the exam. I sent an email on Sunday and it is today, the Education services told me that I didn't receive same because ''my payment was unsuccessful''. I deem such kind of behaviour very unprofessional, hadn't I emailed them, I wouldn't have been notified of anything. What's even funnier is that I have proofs of email from both IFOA and Paypal that my payment got through successfully and my booking is even showing in the booking area!
    Grateful for your views.

2. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

I faced a similar situation while getting my exemptions. I had exchanged emails back and forth with the institute, but they kept on demanding a proof of payment, but would not agree with the email that they themselves sent, the auto generated email mentioning the transaction.

I approached by banker asking for some proof, but they were also not cooperating with me.

This went on for over a month. Finally, i got fed up and I wrote to the CEO of my bank. They responded within the same day and they filed a 'charge-back' with the institute's banker. After this charge-back was filed, then the institute agreed to recognize my transaction and granted my exemption.

I would suggest you to tell your banker to file a charge-bank on your behalf. You will have to mention the purpose of the transaction. In that, mention that you asked for a examination service, but you were not provided that.

Charge-back helped me. Hope it helps you too.

Regards,
    Shyam