Exams at the same time

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Maria Do, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Maria Do

Maria Do Member

What happens if I want to sit 2 exams that are scheduled at the same time?

The obvious answer is that I shouldn't sit them, but if they are my last 2 exams then that's a bit difficult. I tried to find some guidelines but haven't seen anything relating to this.

2. bystander

bystander Member

Looking at Sept timetable, assuming this isn't hypothetical, seems you have a CT and ST left. You don't say explicitly. a shame you can't sit both if indeed you only need the 2. The entries are about to open (if they haven't already) so I doubt if you asked they can move timings but worth a shot. looks like you will have to choose and I'd do it based on which exam will change most under curriculum 2019 which may well be the CT. the other choice (if you haven't started studying your ST) can you do a different one? You wouldn't be far behind those who waited results but time is tight. It's unlikely they'd be able to let you alone sit one paper early/late because of invigilation, script movement, and protection of paper issues - those overseas even sit UK time now I believe which must be hard if there's a huge time zone difference. You will only get a definitive answer from the Profession. I'd call the examination team directly, state your position and enquire. It's no consolation but hopefully sitting them in different sittings and getting more study time on both means you get both as opposed to doubling up and not securing both passes. Not sure if there are any non exam issues to consider like CPD regimes etc.

slayedit and John Lee like this.
  3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I agree - usually I would expect them to let you take one of them later but they'd hold you in isolation between the exams so you can't talk to anyone else.