Can't believe that I passed CT8!

Discussion in 'CT8' started by Balvinder Singh, Dec 13, 2017.

1. I was so scared of CT8. Never thought I would pass in the 1st sitting. Woohoo..! I was hoping for 73 but got 69.

wzlee12 likes this.
  2. wzlee12

wzlee12 Member

Congratz! I passed CT6 but failed CT5....:(

Balvinder Singh likes this.
  3. Congrats for CT6! I failed CT4 with 52 marks..

wzlee12 likes this.
  4. Kanishka

Kanishka Active Member

I am thinking of writing ct8 this time and I have not done ct4 or ct6 before. So will it be very difficult for me?

5. biboextreme

biboextreme Member

Passed CT8 with 73%. One hundred precent pass rate so far (in all 9 CTs) :)

@Kanishka I would suggest CT4 before CT8 since it's natural to ensure proficiency with Markov chains and jump-process before working with Ito processes. Last chapter of CT8 deals with JLT credit-rating migrations and assumes knowledge of transition matrices (again, CT4). You could do without CT6 - however this *does* cover ARIMA processes which help understand Brownian motion.

6. Kanishka

Kanishka Active Member

And what if I do ct4 n ct6 together will that also be very difficult? Since ct4 n ct6 are going to be one subject in 2019 I am confused if I should do ct8 in the April diet or ct4 and ct6. Please help.

7. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

I will be giving CT4 and CT6 together in this attempt. I don't think that it will be difficult. It might take some time, but it will not be impossible. People clear 3-4 papers in single sittings. Clearing two will not be herculean task.

In this message, biboextreme has pointed out the links of CT4 and CT6 with CT8. I would suggest that you go for CT4 and CT6 in April 2018 examination diet. This is my suggestion, the final choice and decision shall be yours.

You can reach out to me via the website conversation if you wish to talk further.

Regards,
    Shyam

8. nanaba

nanaba Keen member

I am taking the CT8 in April, what was you pre-education? Was it the first time that you dealt with the topics in this subject?

Best Wishes,
    Nina

9. I have an Accounting background so many of the topics in this subject were new for me.

Good Luck!

nanaba likes this.