Help for CT6 & CT4

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by slayedit, Oct 4, 2017.

1. slayedit

slayedit Member

Hello!
    I will be appearing for CT6 and CT4 in April 2018 exam diet. I am looking for some guidance here.

What are the key areas to focus on so that I may clear both of them, and have proper knowledge for job interviews as well?

Any supplementary reference material names is also welcome.

I know about the institute's tuitions so you can skip that part.

Thank you!

Regards,
    slayedit

2. Regarding CT 4,
    It's divided into 2 parts.
    The 1st part is comparatively more demanding and also has high weightage in the exam papers.
    The 2nd part is pretty easy and also scoring though the related questions take good amount of time to solve.

A lot of practice is required to clear CT 4 and don't just rely on past papers.
    From the past 2 diets, the examiners are looking for candidates who have deeper understanding of the material ( As per the comments on the past examiners report).

You would enjoy CT 4 for sure. It's a beautiful subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
    Bharti Singla, slayedit and wzlee12 like this.
  3. slayedit

slayedit Member

Thank you very much for your insights.

Regards,
    slayedit

Aditya mohan mathur likes this.
  4. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

And about CT6, it's a bit lengthy subject. Most of the chapters are independent. But you can do them section wise as follows:
    Chap-1
    Chap-2,5,6
    Chap-3,4,7,8,9
    Chap-10
    Chap-11
    Chap-12,13
    Chap-14
    Questions from EBCT model (ch. 5&6) and Run-off triangle (ch.11) are mostly scoring in the exam. I guess one long qus. may also come from section 3 mentioned above. Else, everything is important. You will get the idea from past papers.

These are some things which were helpful for me:

As the chapters are not much related, you may feel that you forget the previous chapters as you will move to next chapters. So, for that reading chapters' summaries regularly might be helpful.
    For practice purpose, you can do revision notes(I found them really good). Revision notes having past ten years Ifoa papers and some chapters' summaries (if you are not aware of it ). And try as much questions from Q&A and Assignments X series as possible.
    Try to complete the syllabus asap since it is lengthy, so that you can give enough time to practise questions and past papers.

I don't think you need any additional study material. Just the CMP and past papers are enough.

Hope this helps.
    Wish you all the best!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017