1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

ST1 Acted Notes

Discussion in 'SP1' started by ss2114, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ss2114

ss2114 Member

Hi,

I'm really interested to know a bit more about Group Term Life (pricing and reserving) and was wondering if the ST1 Acted notes would help me. I don't plan on sitting the exam as I have already passed two STs. But I'd like to know more about group pricing. So should I buy the ST1 notes or go for any other resources.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

There is a group pricing chapter in Subject ST1, although it is not particularly long (19 pages in 2017). Obviously Subject ST1 covers the health and care products and so won't mention group life cover specifically.

You are probably looking for more explanation than the Core Reading alone, but you could purchase just the Core Reading for ST1 directly from the IFoA. Group pricing concepts are introduced in Subject CT6 so if you've done this you'll have met some terms (like credibility factors).

Another option is to look at past paper questions for some explanation:
    April 2012 Q5(ii) defines credibility factor
    Sept 2009 Q5 is a numerical question that just uses past experience to price a scheme

I hope this might help :)
    Sarah