audit trail

Discussion in 'CAA' started by Kato Mayanja, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Kato Mayanja

Kato Mayanja Member

If i find no problem with a dataset, do i mention the actions i would have taken if i had found one.
    For example..if i found no one above age 65 in the worked example in chapter 8.
    Can i write " an automated check on the age of scheme members was put in place using the IF function. This is because members reaching this age are automatically retired. For scheme members above 65,the records should be discarded."
    Note, i had failed to see the rationale of correcting the 200 to 20. So i opted to delete the record. This also affected my summary stats. *

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  2. Bev.Butler

Bev.Butler Member

Which exam are you doing?

3. Bev.Butler

Bev.Butler Member

Thank you for your query.

You don’t need to worry about What If? issues. So there’s no need to include your last sentence (“For scheme members above 65,the records should be discarded.”), although there would be no harm if you did.

In the exam it’s best to “rescue” the data if you can by making a sensible correction, rather than deleting records. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a different number of records and your answers may look different from what the examiners are expecting.