1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Sample exam - answers (pass)

Discussion in 'CP3' started by Jinning, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Jinning

Jinning Member

Hi

Could you please confirm whether the table of the percentages of gender split on page 3 is correct? Is it based on the number of policies? Thanks.

Regards
    Jinning

2. Yes it is correct.

3. Andrew Briffa

Andrew Briffa Member

And how have the gender splits for PTP and PFC been calculated?

4. Gauranga

Gauranga Member

I had the same question

5. Maxit

Maxit Member

I have edited my answer to correct myself and make it clearer. Although this feels too complicated in a CA3, or should I say CP3 context.

Gender splits for the two products are calculated using the TP:FC policy split given in the question.

Illustrating (please allow for rounding) :
    > TP male policies are 33% of total male policies, and TP female policies are 29% of total female policies.

For TP policies:
    > 33% x 54% (total male split) = 18%
    29% x 46% (total female split) = 13%
    TP policies = 18% + 13% = 31% of total policies
    (therefore FC policies are 100% - 31%=69%)
    Male split for TP policies = 18%/31% = 57%
    Female split for TP policies = 13%/31% = 43%
    ...allowing for rounding.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  6. andrew_b

andrew_b Member

This is still not clear. How have the gender splits 54%/46% M/F given in the table on page 6 been used to derive the following split in the answer?
    upload_2017-8-16_15-47-48.png

7. Maxit

Maxit Member

Apologies, I seem to have got it wrong earlier. Have edited my answer to explain it correctly. Cheers

8. Gavin Kelly

Gavin Kelly Member

How is the 53/47 split calculated?

9. Total male premium = 4.509 , Total Female premium= 3.841 ( Calculated as Respective % age multiplied by total premium i.e. 8.35)
    Total Male TP Premium= 1.48797 Total TP Female Premium=1.11389( Respective third party proportion X Premium)
    This gives total T P Premium( Male+ Female)=2.60186
    Male TP Premium %=1.48797/2.60186=57%, Female TP Premium =1.11389/2.60186=43%
    Similar calculation could be done for OD
    TP=PTP
    OD=PFC

10. thekang

thekang Member

I believe Maxit has the right idea. I personally think it's quite a stretch to expect students to present it this way though.

Has no one else found it weird that the average premium for third party is more expensive than fully comprehensive?