ST0 & ST9

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by acnf150, Apr 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. acnf150

acnf150 Member

Hi,

I have an ST0 exemption from my MSc dissertation which means I only have to take one more ST to qualify.
    I am interested in taking ST9, but I am a bit worried that it is going to be a bad combination career wise and/or if it is going to affect my future employability.
    Any advice or opinion on the matter would be helpful as I am really strangling to make a decision on the matter and the time that I will have to choose is getting closer.
    Thanks

2. Adithyan

Adithyan Very Active Member

Hi acnf150!! I am planning to apply for ST0 exemption based on MSc dissertation that I did at Madras School of Economics in Chennai, India. I would like to know if you did your masters in a UK university or FT ranked MBA univs to get the ST0 exemption.

My project involved a lot of concepts thought in CT3. Do you think this may help me qualify for an ST0 exemption? It would also be helpful if you could suggest me the points I should be focussing on in my application (Stuff that needs emphasis) to strengthen the possibility of exemption.

Thank you,

3. Punchline

Punchline Member

I don't think that doing ST9 will limit you - particularly given that your choice of SA is likely to be more important.

Also, once you have qualified, nobody ever asks you what STs or SAs you've done - they only care that you have the FIA qualification.

Presumably you work in a certain field (Life / P&C / Pensions) anyway, so your prospects will be largely driven by that.

I would never say that doing ST9 is career limiting - the CERA qualification opens up many possibilities (e.g. being a CRO)