1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CA 2 - Changed format

Discussion in 'CA2' started by BhatiaI, Aug 26, 2016.

1. BhatiaI

BhatiaI Member

Hi Sarah,

I had a very quick question regarding the fact that are the old format questions still relevant/needed to be practiced for the new format?

I see there are 6 practice papers according to the new format. Apologies if this was question has already been asked and answered before, I am new to CA 2 forum.

Any leads/suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and kind regards
    Ishita

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Ishita

The old style papers are still relevant as what the examiners are looking for you to do in the model, audit trail and summary report hasn't changed since the papers split.

I would say concentrate on the newer style papers first. But if you run out of these, have a go at the older papers. You could have a go at building the model / audit trail for one and then for another read the audit trail and model and then write the summary report from them.

There are also now 2 marked assignment projects available from ActEd (each with a Paper 1 and Paper 2) to add to the practice!

Hope this helps. Good luck with you preparations for the exam.

Sarah

3. BhatiaI

BhatiaI Member

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for your good wishes :)

Another question, as per your suggestion, I took up to write a 'Summary' for one of the old format models, and I was checking it against the solution it seems examiner has gone into great depth about data provided (putting all tables), which I have not observed in the new format.

In particular, I had a go at the 'Auction' question of the old format.

Am I being paranoid and observing too much or there actually has been a shift in the style of summary writing to.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards
    ishita

4. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Ishita

There isn't a hard and fast rule on this. It will depend on the situation in the question. Here, the data had been checked by inspection of the graph, so I think it is appropriate to include the graphs to show the manager that the data is OK (similarly you should explain how you have checked the data and explain any changes you make). The rest of the data was perhaps less essential but it does help set the scene for the manager in the context of this situation. These are essentially the parameters here which you would include so I think it is appropriate.

I would say focus on the more recent questions though as obviously these are more representative of the examiners current perspective.

I hope this helps.
    Sarah