Criminal record

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Schuey, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Schuey

Schuey Member

Hi I just wanted to know is it possible to work or qualify as actuary with criminal record. Conviction is for "in charge of motor vehicle - alcohol level above limit"
    This is not drink driving. Just asleep in vehicle.
    The vehicle is parked.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Ohh!:(
    By the way I saw on my admission form of Institute of actuaries of India that person with "criminal record other than road accident" will not be allowed as a being a member.
    I may say you don't worry! As you asleep it can be considered as road misbehavior...
    I don't know about other actuarial societies but as there are MRAs between IAI, so I may assume same criminal layer....
    PS:- No worrieses about road misbehavior!:D

3. Schuey

Schuey Member

Cheers mate
    I'm just worried will affect my job prospects in UK

4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

It's funny because another person asked me this exact question yesterday. You don't have to detail your personal life to your employers - it's not their business to know. You had a bad day - you've served your punishment and that's that.

5. ach0087

ach0087 Member

It is likely to come up in any background checks if it's a criminal record (of any kind).

I would be upfront about it (at the stage after you get offered the job) so that it doesn't cause any surprises when it turns up.