Oct 2014

Discussion in 'SP5' started by asp_act, Oct 3, 2014.

1. asp_act

asp_act Member

How did other students find the paper?

I think paper was fair. Although behavioural finance question went for a toss, there wasn't much to write me.

And about a quarter of paper was well suited for CA1 (the last question on property). ;)

Wasn't a good attempt for me.

Any thoughts from tutors and fellow students?

2. Bidza

Bidza Member

Hi asp act. I also struggled with the behavioural finance question,I don't think I read it correctly. Yeah,the last question threw me off a bit ( its been a long time since I did CA1). I don't know if I did well enough but Im keeping my fingers crossed for a pass.

3. Turtlelord

Turtlelord Member

The behavioral finance question was really odd. It had far more marks than could be achieved from a basic, obvious answer.

I also felt the paper was quite long and ran short of time.

I messed up the Time weighted/Money weighted question, (due to time constraints) but I think that was probably quite easy...

Overall the paper was not what I expected and I think it will be one of those papers that will look easy during exam preparation, but under exam conditions its a lot harder (and longer).

4. Bidza

Bidza Member

I managed to pass. Thanks to the tutors and everyone who helped,it is greatly appreciated. Now fellowship awaits.

5. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Well done. :D

6. r_v.s

r_v.s Member

I passed too...Thank you very much for answering so many of my questions so patiently!!