Anyone from mumbai??

Discussion in 'India' started by Jyoti, May 7, 2014.

1. Jyoti

Jyoti Member

Hi,
    Would love to hear if anyone here is from mumbai and how they manage their studies since their is no coaching available here..would be grateful if people who are working can share their experience about their work..
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Jyoti
    :)

2. kv911

kv911 Member

Hi, Karan here. There is coaching available near dadar i guess. Although not much apart from that. Have cleared 2 exams

I am also new to actuarial, so i guess will wait for another poster to reply to your question

3. manish.rex

manish.rex Member

Hi I am from Mumbai. I have cleared the CT series. Yes there are no coachings available. But if you need any help, do post on this forum.Will try to help.

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Also, we may not be physically in Mumbai, but we're there via the internet. Lots of Online Coaching options available to you: http://www.acted.co.uk/Html/online_Tutorials.htm.

The Online Classroom is excellent value and becoming increasingly popular amongst students in India.

5. Jyoti

Jyoti Member

Thanks a lot for replying:) ..
    @karan can u pm me the details of the classes..
    I have cleared 4 papers and would be searching for a job soon.. So if anyone could suggest which company is better to start with and which ct papers help at work..

6. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

Online classroom from ActEd is much better than many of the Indian offerings, free samples on YouTube here.

With the local Indian coaching always ask to see a sample first and ask if they're fully qualified (as many are just students themselves...) as some of the quality is very poor...

Very hard to get a job in India at the moment as typically there's about 200 applicants for each entry job. So more papers help (at least CT1, 3, 5, 6) and experience of R or SAS a definite advantage. But it also appears to be a case of who you know rather than what you know....

7. manish2499

manish2499 Member

HI Everyone

I am Manish and presently in Mumbai and am appearing for CT1 & CT3 in NOV 2014 Diet, wish to get your valuable advice regarding the entire process of tackling these papers and anything more that you may suggest. Can we plan some sort of group interaction/discussion forum.

8. jack93

jack93 Member

Hi

Me too from Mumbai. I wish there was a group of Mumbai students somewhere, would have made things a lot easier.

I am sure, there are lot of students from our city!