CT1-CT3 or CT3-CT6?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by bharasri.ibm, Nov 13, 2013.

1. bharasri.ibm

bharasri.ibm Member

Hi,

I have completed only CT7 till date and am sitting CT2 in India this week. Is it better if I do CT1 and CT3 next May or try CT3 and CT6 (since people say CT6 is a continuation of CT3).

Please advice if its ok to skip CT1 for now or if I should do CT1 and CT3 in May next year. Also, kindly let me know how easy/difficult each of the subjects are and their importance while searching for a job.

Thanks!

2. suraj

suraj Member

CT1 and CT3 would be a better choice. CT6 assumes CT3, better to do it after CT3.
    CT1 and 3 are of same difficulty - CT6 is a bit tougher than those two.
    For job purposes, I'd say target CT5 and 6, but only after you're done with CT1 and 3 or at least studied them.

3. padasala

padasala Ton up Member

Ive heard that CT3 and CT6 are generally held on 2 consecutive days...

while i do agree with suraj that CT6 assumes ct3....i feel that you should be able to mull through if you are already thorough with all the portions in CT3...(and that is a huge caveat...if you hold like a degree in stats...then you probably shouldnt find CT3 hard)

With that being said, even if you are very comfortable with the CT3 portions...you should be ready to give two exams in two days :)

So all in all...i think a safer bet for you would be to give CT1 and CT3 (sorry for the roundabout explanations :p)

4. padasala

padasala Ton up Member

Ive heard that CT3 and CT6 are generally held on 2 consecutive days...

while i do agree with suraj that CT6 assumes ct3....i feel that you should be able to mull through if you are already thorough with all the portions in CT3...(and that is a huge caveat...if you hold like a degree in stats...then you probably shouldnt find CT3 hard)

With that being said, even if you are very comfortable with the CT3 portions...you should be ready to give two exams in two days :)

So all in all...i think a safer bet for you would be to give CT1 and CT3 (sorry for the roundabout explanations :p)