Ucas

Discussion in 'Careers' started by uktous, Oct 14, 2009.

1. uktous

uktous Member

hi,

i noticed that all graduate schemes have requirement about UCAS points (e.g. 320).

If I want to apply for a graduate scheme, do I need to include my UCAS points in my CV? or even cover letter?

2. bystander

bystander Member

I would only include if you are explicitly asked for it.

Many CVs are read by people who won't understand what they mean. Not sure I know now - been a while since it mattered!

Better to be clear and explicitly state your qualifications expanding only on the most recent - likely to be your degree. If you know key %s on relevant subjects could include these to further highlight particular strengths.

3. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

How is that so????

So your saying someone with a Bachelors degree + Having passed all actuarial examinations but falls under the UCAS requirement can't get a job??

4. dopeyS

dopeyS Member

Generally the requirement for UCAS information is to demonstrate consistency in achievements. I have applied for non-actuarial jobs previously that will not review a CV that does not meet this standard.

But every company is different and with the exception of very large companys (that use online CV vetting systems) if you demonstrate high achievements, and good interest in the job/career and any other information that makes you "extra special" then they are less likely to depend on UCAS points.

Also be careful as some UCAS points are ignored by companies, such as general studies, which I know my University would not count when calculating UCAS points.

Also if you feel more comfortable, state your A-Level Subjects and Grades achieved and let them do the Maths, they may not even check!!

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  5. 4EverStudent

4EverStudent Member

We're talking about graduate schemes here; not for people who are already qualified! :)