1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Apr 2017 Q1 (iv)

Discussion in 'SA2' started by yogesh167, Aug 20, 2019.

1. yogesh167

yogesh167 Member

Hello

The solution says BEL will decrease after an increase in credit spread stress, to the extent that we are able to take account of the increased liquidity premiums in credit spread as MA. As a result, SCR will reduce too.

But i am not sure why are we not considering the impact on reduction in market value of assets after an increase in credit spread, which should also impact my SCR.
    Thanks in advance

2. mugono

mugono Ton up Member

In general, it's helpful to include the actual question [as opposed to the paper reference] here to save the lazy amongst us from trawling the Institute's website :).

I've had a look at the question - which asks about the impact of the matching adjustment on the SF SCR. The matching adjustment (MA) is an addition to the risk-free rate that firms use to value their best estimate liabilities. MA does not affect the value of a firm's asset or the size of the asset stress; it dampens the size of the overall credit stress.

Hope that helps.