OPAT before CB3

Discussion in 'CB3' started by Hanna Hohner, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Hanna Hohner

Hanna Hohner Keen member

Hello everyone!

Can you give me some advice on the OPAT test? How much study does it involve? Is it a fully multiple choice test or do I have to express my views on the situations myself?

Another question: do you know how to apply for the CB3 exam? On the IFoA's website only this "Dates for the CB3 exam will be available shortly." announcment is visible on the exam dates page.

Thanks,
    Hanna

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hello Hanna,
    OPAT is a way easy examination which I would suggest you not to bother stressing. It is a fully multiple choice questions consisting of 15 questions in total. As study material, you would need to use the Actuaries Code. 5 questions will be based on the wording of the Actuaries Code - you have the right to use it during the exam. The rest of the questions will consist of different scenarios where concept of ethics and professionalism will be tested. Not all possible practical options are included – you should pick the best from those offered. To answer the questions you should use your own judgement of the situations given and of the principles that underpin the Actuaries’ Code.

For your second question, you would need to contact the Examinations Services Team who will be the one to guide you.

All the best,

3. allseemfunny

allseemfunny Member

It seems strange that there are no dates yet there is a passlist from June to July?

4. patron

patron Member

Yeah, that does seem odd. The only thing I can think of is maybe these people did the business game in one of the last CT9 sittings (in February, I believe), and have just taken a while to complete the workbook and online test because of other exams in April.

5. allseemfunny

allseemfunny Member

I believe the IFoA are releasing information on Tuesday with bookings open on Thursday

6. patron

patron Member

Has that been announced anywhere?

7. allseemfunny

allseemfunny Member

I emailed education services and got the following response:
    With regards to CB3 the first assessment will run in October 2019. Bookings will open on the 1 August 2019.

You will receive a newsletter on the 30 July which has further information regarding CB3.

"With regards to CB3 the first assessment will run in October 2019. Bookings will open on the 1 August 2019.

You will receive a newsletter on the 30 July which has further information regarding CB3."

patron likes this.