Difficulty of the IAI exams

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by ProudActuary, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

How can the length of time taken be sexist? I'm genuinely interested to hear. Surely the difficulty of the qualification/length of time is similar for males v females?

2. almost_there

almost_there Member

Why don't you ask IFoA for the data and share with us?

whistleblower21 likes this.
  3. because it puts them at a particular disadvantage.
    Moreover, if they succeed in showing such discrimination by the profession against women, there will be more women lodging claims against the profession. It is likely that the fees will go up. I suggest the qualified members join an American body since it is cheaper than the UK body.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  4. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Is it because you don't have an answer?

5. They conceded in court that they had a lot of data. Moreover, the onus is on them to show the data.

almost_there likes this.
  6. Null

Null Member

Yes that's a great and professional way to do it... just keep following the IFoA. Look where that ended up. They're in the Financial times and Insurance ERM for discriminating against British nationals. I think it will not be long before there is some change at the top...

almost_there likes this.
  7. almost_there

almost_there Member

IFoA is so global they've been humiliated globally.

8. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Quite. I'm surprised that normal UK terrestial television hasn't been cancelled with all the major channels diverting to BBC news/CNN with reporters camped outside IFoA HQ lamenting on the alleged atrocities committed by the IFoA.

Perhaps qualification ceremonies will need additional security in place with mass protests organised.

I think I may switch careers and work as a lawyer - would seem that all women who have entered any profession could sue according to the 'advice' being offered on here. The Court system will be creaking.

We've had the era of PPI, bring on the era of raising litigation against any professional body.

9. almost_there

almost_there Member

It's OK proudactuary, you can be proud of being discriminated against by your own professional body if it makes you feel good.

10. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Given that no-one seems to have any intent on trying to answer the original question, we think this thread is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.