Actuarial Society of Turkey joins AAE

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by almost_there, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

I asked you for details of what research you'd undertaken to make your claim. You ignored this part of my question - why?

2. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

What is the Executive being deliberate and calculated about?

3. almost_there

almost_there Member

You said you were sure of something. So show it.

4. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Earlier I asked you to clarify why you were saying that I was suggesting 2=4 which you haven't answered and now you're avoiding answering another question.

More than happy to link to documents once you answer the questions that I asked you first.

5. Null

Null Member

It’s the IFOA’s duty to show it. They haven’t done so. You can read it in the judgment.

In fact Mr Cribb has said that many actuarial associations need to pull their socks up and that the IFOA is at the pinnacle of all qualifications.

almost_there likes this.
  6. mugono

mugono Ton up Member

Is the Chartered Actuary (broadly Associate) designation not an attempt to rebase the equivalence of the Uk syllabus... ie does this not (therefore) render your point mute?

7. Null

Null Member

Now we’re getting somewhere. Yes the chartered actuary is an attempt to rebase the qualification. But it hasn’t been implemented yet and it begs the question why the qualification has to be rebased. What will the IFoA do for it’s wrong-doing prior to rebasing the qualification?

The only reason their fixing it is because it’s broken which why people are complaining.

almost_there likes this.
  8. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

You stated earlier that the IFoA Executive were deliberate and calculated - what are they, in your mind, being deliberate and calculated about?

9. Null

Null Member

You’ll be able to read about it soon...

10. almost_there

almost_there Member

They've known since at least 2013 that Associateship was good enough for the European MRA and ought to have designated it rather than Fellowship. Very reckless and irresponsible, undermining Fellowship.

Null likes this.
  11. almost_there

almost_there Member

Exactly. They haven't the decency to fix it upon the initial complaint. They prefer to deploy lawyers to make out nothing is wrong for many months and years. Then at some point they'll fix it and claim it was all their own idea.

Null likes this.