April 2019

Discussion in 'SA2' started by Maxit, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Maxit

Maxit Member

How did people find this sitting?
    For me the extra 15 minutes writing time wasn't the most helpful given the amount of information in the paper that needed to be read and absorbed. I barely managed to finish.
    It was definitely a tough one in my opinion and in the view of others I spoke to after the exam. Hoping the pass mark reflects that

buddingactuary likes this.
  2. I ran out of time too, for both the papers.

3. Infinity

Infinity Member

When was the 15 minute increase in exam time communicated?

4. Maxit

Maxit Member

In the March 2019 student newsletter

5. Infinity

Infinity Member

So basically after people would have started studying and practicing past papers

6. Maxit

Maxit Member

It wasn't technically an 'increase' in exam time. The initial 15 minutes reading and planning time was ammended so that students could use those 15 minutes for reading, planning, writing their solutions as they wished. It was likely to be good news for those unaware of it before really.

7. Infinity

Infinity Member

It is an increase. You’re being examined for 15 minutes longer. I’m glad you agree people were unaware. This is another example of the inability of the IFOA to administer exams. They are just not very professional

almost_there likes this.
  8. Maxit

Maxit Member

Was anyone able to figure out what was wrong with the calculation in q2? I spent longer than I should have on that part, yet couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

9. Darshana

Darshana Member

Same, I struggled with question 2. And not being able to figure out what was wrong in the calculation threw me off for the rest... in general I thought most of question 2 was terrible.

Maxit likes this.
  10. Maxit

Maxit Member

Yes I thought the same. Q2 was incredibly tricky, specially in a stressed exam conditions it gave excessive amounts of confusing information.
    I managed to finish the exam but I'm not sure if I was able to fully cater my answers to all the information in the questions that the exam solution would require. I'm just hoping I haven't missed good chunks of easy marks just because of the way the information was presented in the questions

11. dimitris13

dimitris13 Member

Hi all,
    so you found the exam more difficult that the previous sittings under the old syllabus ?
    D