Exam experience?

Discussion in 'CAA' started by Tim.Sullivan, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Tim.Sullivan

Tim.Sullivan Member

Hi

I'm talking my first exam in April (module 4). Just wondered how people found having to use whiteboards (without erasers)? In practice I often have to make a lot of notes!

Thanks

2. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

I know some of my classmates in NTU will actually use the whiteboards (which cover most of the wall space in certain seminar rooms) to work out stuff and present to the rest of their group, with or without Prof. And for some modules it's a good thing there is lots of whiteboard space, because covering some of the modules can take up lots of space! Of course, not having erasers simply means dirtier hands when you wipe something out to squeeze in more points there. An alternative is to do it softcopy as it allows such amendments to be made more easily.

3. Tim.Sullivan

Tim.Sullivan Member

Apologies, I was talking about experience in sitting the exams. The CAA handbook states the following:
    Making notes during the exam
    You will be provided with an erasable note board at the centre to use during the exam.
    You will only be given one board at a time but are entitled to as many as you need during the
    exam, and you will be able to keep these at your desk for the duration of the exam. You should
    ask the supervisor for more if you need them. The Pearson VUE staff will not provide you with
    an eraser for the note boards.
    The note boards will be collected by Pearson VUE staff at the end of the exam.
    On occasion you may be given scrap paper to make notes on instead of a note board.

4. Bev.Butler

Bev.Butler Member

Hi Tim
    Students have reported a variety of experiences depending on which exam centre they have been in. Nobody has complained about physically using a white board instead of paper. Just insist on being given extra whiteboards as specified in the rules you have quoted.
    Bev