New 2019 curriculum

Discussion in 'South Africa' started by Bernadette Pieterse, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bernadette Pieterse

Bernadette Pieterse Active Member

Does the new 2019 curriculum differ a lot from the 2018 curriculum? If I were to rewrite Contingencies in 2019, should I purchase the new material?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Yes there are quite a lot of changes - especially the introduction of the second computer-based paper which used Excel. So we'd recommend that you use the latest course. If you've previously purchased CT5 from ActEd then you will probably be eligible for a significant discount. Suggest you email ActEd@bpp.com to find out more.

3. Calm

Calm Ton up Member

Could I also find out if those computing materials are sold separately or only included in bulk with the respective CM or CS paper? Because I am from NTU (and hence have the necessary course materials from the respective modules to sit for the CT exams), but I may need the computing materials to sit CM2 and CS2 (as you said that "there are quite a lot of changes").

4. Admin

The Paper B Online Resources (PBOR) are part of ActEd's new bundled CMP product in the CS/CM subjects but you can also buy it separately.

5. tess

tess Member

Admin, do the PBOR resources stay live over multiple exam sittings? So if I decide not to sit April and instead sit September exams, I can still have access to the PBOR resources later? Similarly for failed exam sittings, do we still retain access to PBOR?

6. Admin

You get 13 months' access. (We'll probably have a retaker rate too if you need more than that.)