structure of ACET exam.

Discussion in 'FAC & Stats Pack' started by deepansh, May 13, 2014.

1. deepansh

deepansh Member

i want to know about the structure of ACET i.e.
    1. total marks
    2. no. of questions along with their marks
    3. duration of the exam
    4. weightage of stats pack and FAC in the exam.

2. KeyurShah

KeyurShah Member

3. deepansh

deepansh Member

thank you.
    can u also tell me from whre can i get the tables for acet as it is not available with stats pack and FAC.

4. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Actuarial table is not required for ACET, you'll get option to purchase table after passing ACET and being register in IAI as student member.

5. deepansh

deepansh Member

but in the text of both fac and stats pack , it is written after many formulae " given on the page ____ of the tables so no need to memorise ."
    my question is that whether such formulae should be memorised or not..?

regards

6. KeyurShah

KeyurShah Member

Although the material refers many times to the tables, it is not required for ACET.

Most of the questions do not require the use of table or else if the question demands the usage of tables, sufficient information (from the tables) is given in the question itself.

7. KeyurShah

KeyurShah Member

However, there is no option but to memorise the formulae since you won't have access to the tables.

I'd advise you to make formulae booklet by noting down all the formulae given in the notes. I did the same thing, helped me a lot.

8. deepansh

deepansh Member

thank you..hope it would help.
    is the paper tough or just basic level.??

regards

9. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

We wrote 1100 questions worth 2000 marks for the IAI.

About 38% of them were for the StatsPack. So there is slightly more emphasis on the FAC, in particular the calculus.